The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Monday January 7, 2019 at 15:21
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 7, 2019 at 09:34, MNTommyBoy said...
So are you saying the Sony is running WiFi?

No.
Or over the DECA switch?

Yes, except there's no discrete "DECA switch."
I've used those in extreme situations when I can't run a wire,

This house has to use DECA because I can't run wires anywhere. All the CAT wires (CAT3, so who really cares) were cut by the idiots who set up this house to flip it.
but could that be causing an issue in the transfer, upsetting the Sony?

Sure. "The transfer" meaning exactly what?
I've used the 700s and 800s over the last year, while using for Netflix as well, with no issue(including my own theater).

Yeah. Looks like I spent more money and got a nicely polished lemon. Two, actually.
Is this system a couple years old? The H1 definitely is. Where is the firmware at? Can you run an external catX wire to test for a week?

The system is almost exactly two years old.
I'll check the firmware. Good thought.
The closest place I could connect a CAT wire is fifty feet away inside the wall of the kitchen nook where I have Doorbird wiring... and I'd have to install a network switch. That's not going to happen.
Plus, these have worked for months at a time so how do you tell when a solution is PROVEN? That's not going to happen.

I like the suggestion of a lighting control.
Anyone know of a way, via IR, to turn an outlet on and off?* My distributor came up with a pair of Wattboxes, but how about lighting control? Turning an outlet off, then on again?

EDIT: *using the MX990. I just spoke with URC about their obsolete lighting control stuff and the 990 could not be set up to control that, even if parts were available.

Last edited by Ernie Gilman on January 7, 2019 15:35.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse