The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Sunday December 30, 2018 at 11:48
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 29, 2018 at 18:48, slobob said...
I'll throw a little wrinkle into this.... for those of you NOT doing Sonos (Or if you are, I'm not looking for Sonos comparisons..), what has your experience been with HEOS vs MusicCast? Pros/Cons? I know everyone's interface is different, not necessarily better, but how has their support been? Integration? updates brake things? How long to remedy? etc....
I know they both offer zone/amps for the custom channel (one chassis for 4+ zones) and actual rack mount options..... Just looking for some real work feedback. TIA

The MusicCast piece I use has been great, although the Spectrum router has given me some problems. Who am I kidding, the ATT router sucked, too. The MusicCast pieces I have installed work great, sound great and are easy to operate.

Tech support has been great. Installed a HEOS where the people couldn't understand how to use it and the IT guy didn't explain their network in a way that applied to what I needed but HEOS support told me what I needed.

In case anyone has a customer who has Sonos Connect units and wants more of the functionality seen with HEOS and MusicCast, Parasound has a piece with 4 zones, each with DAC for optical or coax in, stereo HP and full range out, stereo input and output, mono HP/LP/Full range out, 12VDC trigger and level controls.

[Link: parasound.com]
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse