The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Wednesday December 12, 2018 at 08:24
Duct Tape
Loyal Member
November 2008
On December 11, 2018 at 18:27, davidcasemore said...
Well, as an atheist myself, I don't believe in Satan. I'm sure you don't either. That being said, I must admit that your over-the-top display does not have any "Away in the Manger" crap and seems to be quite secular. It reminds me of a commercial (Geico, maybe?) of a house so lit up that they can see it from the International Space Station.

Did you do something similar prior to LEDs? If so, I can't imagine the size of service entrance you would have needed.

I started small, so a standard 15 amp breaker was enough.  I did add another 15 amp outdoor outlet this year since I added another 16 channel controller to the system and I was already close to overloading the original outlet.  The spiral tree has 32 sets of 100 incandescent bulbs on it, so that's the big energy hog.  The blue film is wearing off on them, so I'll probably replace them with LEDs next year.

I've talked to people that still use all incandescent bulbs and do much larger displays.  They tend to have a service panel just for their lighting displays.
[Link: facebook.com]

Hosting Services by ipHouse