The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday December 9, 2018 at 12:25
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 9, 2018 at 10:37, Hi-FiGuy said...
Remember when drivers ed used to be something that was taken very seriously?
Remember when there used to be PSA's on TV about safe driving practices?
Remember when they used to take wrecked cars from accidents and put them on street corners?

Not so much anymore, and it shows!

Its a right, not a privilege these days.

Here in Washington one would think they would be professionals at driving in the rain...….NOT!

Every year, we have people crashing during the first snowfall, as if they have completely forgotten how the car handles on pavement that's not warm and dry. If I get the chance, I go to a large parking lot and do a few donuts, to find out how my vehicle handles on it- I don't like that kind of surprise while I'm in traffic. Haven't crashed in decades but MKE is #20 in this list of worst cities for driving. The fact that the dropout rate in MKE public schools is ridiculously high contributes to the high number of car thefts, many with a police chase. Too many result in the deaths of innocent people, too.

[Link: insurify.com]

I think I would be a great driver's ed instructor from the standpoint of teaching how to drive safely but I bet I would make a lot of students cry after observing them.

In some areas of MKE, putting crashed cars at street corners would just cause some to say "Cool- a free car" before hauling it off, to be chopped.

Good news! MKE made the Top 10 for Worst Cities To Live In-

[Link: 247wallst.com]

Glad I'm in a suburb.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse