The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 29 made on Saturday December 8, 2018 at 11:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 8, 2018 at 09:37, andrewinboulder said...
Yeah I get it. I just don't particularly care for spending time on a proposal and then getting the "I can get it on Amazon" email. I don't have that with other products that I support like Control4.

I suppose it's an attitude change. From now on if I spec one, I'll just state up front that I sell and program only gear that I provide, and if they don't like it they can find someone else.

Brett, thanks for the input - great to have someone from such a large company actually post here. The Pro stuff sounds interesting. At the very least when I come across Harmony gear I might not have to spend time splicing 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm connections!

I use the adapters and so far, they have worked, although I'm not sure the cat hasn't chewed the cables. He's a Bengal and they like to use their teeth.

I don't sell TVs often, mainly because I don't have many clients who want to spend that much for something that will cost half as much in two years, but they seem OK with paying for the installation and the other stuff, so I can't complain- if they like a particular TV, I charge to pick it up and install it, plus parts. They're happy, they don't need a stranger in their house and I have keys or security codes for several homes, so they feel secure. I have a group of clients who refer me to their friends, family and other associates, so I don't need to hear the comments about getting it at Amazon or Beast Buy very often, fortunately. Usually, if they have gone somewhere else, they hand me the proposal and ask of it's reasonable & if I can match it. I had one proposal that included a Yamaha Aventage AVR and for streaming, the sales guy included two Sonos Connects and a Connect Amp, even though the AVR has MusicCast. I dumped the Sonos, included a WXC-50 and a WXA-50, which sound great and work very nicely, when grouped.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse