The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 46 made on Friday December 7, 2018 at 13:25
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On December 7, 2018 at 10:33, highfigh said...
FWIW, I haven't seen all of the options, but I was looking at the Ring until I found out it didn't do real time video which may have been changed by now. I did watch someone installing Nest cameras, doorbell and smoke detectors and saw the video quality- better than I had expected and it can be zoomed without pixellation. Night video looked good, too. I recently signed on as a Nest dealer, but haven't bought any yet- margin is decent, labor rates are good- it makes more sense than buying from a distributor but even then, if I need something to add to a job quickly and it's already profitable, that's not as bad as buying Sonos through distribution.

I haven't heard what happens when/if a Nest product dies, so that's an unknown- if it's like pulling teeth through my ass, I'll stop. The call to tech support was informative and didn't take forever to get through, so that's a plus.

They (Nest) have training on their pro portal, too.

We looked at signing on with the google pro program. But the opening order was stupid and told the rep to come back when they got realistic. It would be insane to inventory that much DIY grade products where the manufacture changes models on a whim.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse