The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Friday December 7, 2018 at 10:33
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On December 6, 2018 at 20:13, Fins said...
I don’t want to know which turd is the best smelling turd. I wanted to know what’s wrong with the nest so I can explain to the client why they can’t use it.

FWIW, I haven't seen all of the options, but I was looking at the Ring until I found out it didn't do real time video which may have been changed by now. I did watch someone installing Nest cameras, doorbell and smoke detectors and saw the video quality- better than I had expected and it can be zoomed without pixellation. Night video looked good, too. I recently signed on as a Nest dealer, but haven't bought any yet- margin is decent, labor rates are good- it makes more sense than buying from a distributor but even then, if I need something to add to a job quickly and it's already profitable, that's not as bad as buying Sonos through distribution.

I haven't heard what happens when/if a Nest product dies, so that's an unknown- if it's like pulling teeth through my ass, I'll stop. The call to tech support was informative and didn't take forever to get through, so that's a plus.

They (Nest) have training on their pro portal, too.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse