The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday November 26, 2018 at 13:41
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 26, 2018 at 13:05, imt said...
Have an older customer that wants to play his Turntable in, basement, to a room above with Sonos Speakers.

No issue. Line Input on a Sonos Connect. Then he throws out that he also likes to play his CD Collection as well. He has an older low end receiver in the basement w/ a pair of B&W speakers. I was thinking of an Switcher to choose which input (CD PLayer or Turntable, which then feeds into either a Sonos Connect or maybe a Sonos Connect Amp and ditch the receiver entirely. This way he can just manually select which device he wants to stream. Would have to go down to basement to load a CD or put on a record so not a big deal.

Any suggestions of decent Analog audio switcher?

If you put a Connect near the receiver, you're done. Connect to that Sonos when the turntable or CD player start and group the other Sonos devices to that it. You can't just connect the turntable to an audio switch unless it has a phono preamp built in, anyway- might as well keep the receiver or upgrade it. Connect the line out from the Sonos to the receiver so those speakers will play the music and all of the other Sonos will play it after they have been synched to that one.

If they had a Yamaha MusicCast or Denon Heos, they could use a separate phono preamp and be done- both of those have more inputs and if the CD player has a digital out, both can handle that, too.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse