The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Saturday November 3, 2018 at 00:52
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On November 2, 2018 at 21:59, buzz said...
I have no idea what a “Diode Cable” might be. Likely, it is a language translation problem and “dual cable” would be more appropriate. (“Two” — get it?) I once came across a “Blake Lever” associated with the “Stop” button in a cassette deck service manual.

buzz is on the case! How friggin' obvious. I was noting all the German and the German terms cracked me up a bit, but it never occurred to me that "diode cable" might be a poor translation!
My approach would be to install a Jensen isolation transformer connected to a jukebox line level output. Even better, balance the feed. This will prevent ground loops and handle the extend distance to the main system.

My approach would be to save the price of the transformer after checking for AC and DC voltages between the different connections, and between the jukebox's chassis and the distribution system ground. Yes, a Jensen transformer will allow nice things, but don't spend the money if you find it's not necessary.
Using a speaker level output will result in passing the jukebox’s power amplifier noise on to the main system.

Completely true.

One of the things I deleted from earlier is that those terminals, C1 through C4, are terminals 1 through 4, and the thing you think is a C is a graphic at the end of the wire intended to show some kind of connector. Look at the other connections. They all have the C-like thing, with a backwards C-like thing on the right sides.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse