The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday October 19, 2018 at 07:39
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
On October 19, 2018 at 07:08, Gman said...
I guess I didn't explain myself too well, sorry. I'm interested in finding out how to set up the roller shade ids. There are 24 shades in total. The designer installed them and there was this in the box. I presume it's just the power supply.

OK, in the big box, in the lower left corner is a URTSiII. That’s the RS232 to RF interface. They have the range RF range of children’s walkie talkies from the dollar store. So that metal box is an awesome place for it. The way it works is you put it in programming mode then set the dial on the back for an ID then copy from the RF remote. Once they are all done, you take the URTSiII out of programming mode and set the same dial to the ID for the URTSIII to be on (you can have multiple URTSiII on the same system). Then configure your driver.

I don’t remember how exactly to copy the programming from the remote to the URTSiII. It’s something like hold th program button on the URTSiII then press the remote button. Last time I did it, I had to call Somfy tech support. They were really good and friendly. No attitudes. You might google URTSiII programming and find a white paper from somfy. At one time I had one, but I have no idea where it is now. The process is pretty simple though, as long as the installer programmed RF remotes.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse