The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Wednesday October 3, 2018 at 12:44
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On October 2, 2018 at 23:51, Ernie Gilman said...
We have a copper line.

I know, in case of a big earthquake, the Internet will be down, and you want to be able to call somebody on an old-fashioned telephone line. Time to rethink this.

Up north from you, AT&T charged me $45 a month for my home phone line, which I had since 1979. My brother tried Ooma, and it worked well for him, so I went for it. Ported my number over, so I still have the same phone number. It worked flawlessly for a year, and saved me $500. The savings continue.

After feeling comfortable with my home phone switched, I also switched my business phone number, which I had since 1976. For that, I was paying $75 per month. Ported that number over so my service is uninterrupted. Now I save $800 per year on that line.

If I keep saving $1300 per year, maybe able to retire! But seriously, we're moving towards a cell/internet phone based world, and unless you are drowning in cash, I can't see any point in doing what you are doing.

Many of our clients moving into the new homes do not even have copper based phone lines anymore. Everything cell phone.

Since I am out in the field, my business phone has a message on it encouraging them to call my cell phone number, so I am moving away from dependence on the business number. I get just a couple actual messages a week on the business line.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse