The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 25, 2018 at 12:19
DeuceTrinal
Long Time Member
January 2010
It's been years since I last touched digital signage players, so I'm looking for some advice on what is current and what you all like using these days. I've used brightsign in the past but I think even the LS423 is overkill in function and price.

They have a pretty basic setup - 3 1080p TVs in portrait mode displaying a slideshow of like 6 images that zoom slowly. Currently they are using a laptop per display hooked up via HDMI just running the windows lock screen in slideshow mode, but it's clunky and difficult for them to change, and the computers aren't made to run for months on end without being touched so occasionally need service. The TVs are commercial models that turn themselves on and off by a set schedule.

They'd like to continue the slideshow, and also have the option to run small videos occasionally.

Ideally they'd have a network-enabled player behind each TV that they can update the slideshow/video playlist over the network, preferably with a simple interface. If there are cheap options that will run off a USB drive/memory card that's fine too. They have power and network available behind each display. Hoping to keep the per-display device cost under $150.

Thanks for your suggestions!
More zip ties!

Hosting Services by ipHouse