The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 359 made on Tuesday April 9, 2013 at 00:04
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
On April 4, 2013 at 13:25, Forefall said...
Hi all!

My names Rudy, just started a company in NJ and taking my hobbyist enthusiastic mentally into this small business venture. Honestly, I'm scared as hell but giving it try. I'm starting this business as a weekend/after work deal in hopes that it can elevate it into a full-time gig. I certainly will hustle as much as I can since I HATE my current job as an inside sales representative.

Just insuranced the business (licensing not required in NJ for low voltage) and going through a branding/marketing campaign with an agency in hopes to give it a modern, hip feel and attract business. I have a few small jobs this month so I'm excited to give it a go. I've already learned a lot from reading here daily. I'd appreciate ANY/ALL advice from you experts out there. I think the largest obstacle is education myself on all the various products out in the market.

Would you guys recommend attending InfoComm Expo? Any classes I should take to further my knowledge?

Thanks again!!

Welcome!

Where in NJ are you located? I started mine in NJ, moved to pa for reasons you will soon find out. Working for people below the Princeton line absolutely blows so I hope your north of the Princeton line :)

Also, you might want to read up again on the licensing...seriously. NJ has one of the strictest consumer protection boards in the country, and they do check. You do need a license.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse