The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Monday August 27, 2018 at 20:11
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 27, 2018 at 11:11, Ernie Gilman said...
There are two parts to what you just asked.

You missed this one: I gave him the respect of assuming that the possible reason that he posited, ports having been changed, might have caused the problem.

The other part is that if I state that I did something respectfully, that is not a comment on whether or not you did. Have you ever heard of an exchange like this:

He: "Darling, you look beautiful today!"
"She: Oh, yeah? Well, what are you saying about how I look the rest of the time?"

In this made-up conversation, which some of us have heard, she acts as though his positive statement contains a buried negative. My statement that I did something respectfully does not accuse you of anything. (Again, a sarcasm font would help; that would have been written without the sarcasm font.)

Why did you need to point out that you answered his question respectfully? We aren’t in court and this forum is more casual than needing to write in that style. Maybe it would have been better to begin the reply with “Respectfully,...”.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse