The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Saturday August 25, 2018 at 12:30
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On August 25, 2018 at 06:44, james_aa said...
What are the benefits of becoming a cedia acredaitted dealer / installer ?

Primary benefits are...

1. Classes. There are no schools that teach what we do. Most of the classes are specifically tailored to us. As an example i went to a non CEDIA affiliated 3 day networking class last year. The instructor spent 3 days talking about the theory of ethernet and other nonsense that i will never need or care about. I thought i was going to learn how to configure a managed switch. I don't always need or want to know all the whys i just need to know the hows.

2. Contacts. Networking with industry people. People like to do business with people they know. Even the after parties give you direct access to manufacturers and other professionals. We have projects all around the country. We couldn't pull that off without the people we have met on the forums and at CEDIA.

I’ve yet to see it as a prerequisite by a client , distributor or a brand

I don't think you ever will. But...if you were ever to find yourself in the job market you will see plenty of job postings with "CEDIA Certifications a plus". If your a business owner you can leverage these classes as a bonus. What employee wouldn't want to add certificates to their resume?
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse