The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Friday August 10, 2018 at 12:11
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On August 10, 2018 at 09:13, highfigh said...
I also know that 'miniscule' has more than one definition but I don't need to be pedantic.

"Miniscule" has only one definition: a misspelling of "minuscule." You didn't understand that?
I think it's time to determine which chimes will be used, so a current test can be performed. What's the point of choosing transformers before the chimes?

You're totally correct.

The transformer comment was info as to what transformers might be available. If, for instance, only 20 VA transformers were available, then it might not be possible to design a wiring scheme where a transformer powers more than one chime.
Many transformers will handle two chimes (depending on the chime, of course),

Depending also on the wire length and gauge.
so if two are connected to each transformer, three will be needed for six chimes. The buttons, OTOH, may need to latch a relay, but that's not a big deal.

The relays will never latch, since latching means switching and staying in the switched state. Any relays used in this will be set up to close momentarily.

Actually, we're all blowing air until the original poster does some things. Respond to the questions about possible layout and wiring distance, for instance.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse