The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Friday August 10, 2018 at 09:13
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 9, 2018 at 20:43, Ernie Gilman said...
Minuscule.
That word derives from minuscula, meaning a slightly smaller letter (as in typesetting). (Larger letters are majuscule.) The ideas behind these correspond to major and minor.
Mini derives from miniature, also perhaps from minimum.
Yeah, I know, now look up pedantic.

So let's make some progress: think about the door chime locations. Using relays to, well, relay the switching function, I'll bet you can do this with fewer than six transformers, based on the locations of the door chimes and where the transformers can go. (I've seen Class 2 transformers online in the last two days up to 50 VA, so you can probably put three chimes on a transformer.)

What's the smallest number of transformers you'll need to make this work?

I know what 'pedantic' means. Do you prefer this definition?

"Being showy of one’s knowledge, often in a boring manner."

I also know that 'miniscule' has more than one definition but I don't need to be pedantic.

I think it's time to determine which chimes will be used, so a current test can be performed. What's the point of choosing transformers before the chimes?

Many transformers will handle two chimes (depending on the chime, of course), so if two are connected to each transformer, three will be needed for six chimes. The buttons, OTOH, may need to latch a relay, but that's not a big deal.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse