The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday August 4, 2018 at 10:28
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On August 3, 2018 at 12:48, Ernie Gilman said...
I had the same problem here in So Cal a couple of years ago -- speed wasn't up to snuff but all I could get the customer service turkey to say to me was that speeds would be UP TO so and so... I finally got it across by saying, look, I'm going to give you half of the money in my pocket. I have up to six billion dollars. Now, the fact is, I have 17 bucks, but that is included in "up to six billion dollars." So you're gonna want to know just how many bucks I have in my pocket. WHAT IS THE SPEED that you GUARANTEE?

But the news reports I've read have said that Charter has just plain lied anyway. I've always wondered if one of these government-approved monopolies would ever be so freakin' outrageous that they'd get punted. I guess we'll see.

I have several customers who use Spectrum- their service and customer service has improved, although there were many calls with Time Warner that went extremely well because the person on their end had the required training and was willing to do their job of satisfying a customer. Several of the tests I have performed showed speeds in excess of their stated number, which is better than I thought I would see at that time of day.

I think their service really depends on location, demand and age of infrastructure.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse