The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11,200 made on Friday August 3, 2018 at 16:24
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
On August 3, 2018 at 10:42, SB Smarthomes said...
This was just a quick half-day job so I didn't really take any photos during the install.

I had lots of depth in the wall above the fireplace so used an Intuitive Design wall box placed vertically.  I cut in a hole behind the TV that was about half the height of the box and then cut a 1-gang box in horizontally right above the mantle behind the BEAM with a brushed wallplate.

The Intuitive Design wall box was pushed inside the wall and down and then secured to the framing so it enclosed the 1-gang box below.  The electrical outlet was installed into the wall box and the wall box contained the excess TV & BEAM power cables + low voltage wiring.

Conduit from the wall box to built-in cabinets allowed me to pull the One Connect cable and place the One Connect box in the cabinet along with the cable box and Apple TV.

Thank you sir.

I figured it was an open wall box like the Intuitive or Versabox behind the sheetrock and not a fully closed box.

Was that a metal or plastic single gang box or LV ring you installed behind the beam, since its already sitting in the Intuitive box at that point?

Hosting Services by ipHouse