The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Monday July 30, 2018 at 07:55
HiFiRobbie
Select Member
June 2006
I have a system with multiple sources into an 8x8 matrix with audio de-embedding via SPDIF on each of the outputs.

We did an upgrade on the house system about 10 months ago and the audio for the master bedroom zone is currently managed by an old Denon 3805 which is basically just stripping the audio from the HDMI and sending it via pre-outs to a pair of Genelec 6020As.

The Denon is getting on and is occasionally dropping off the LAN which results in occasional "no power-up" situations. Switch it on manually and it'll work fine for a few more months/weeks, until it craps the bed again.

My plan now, is to take the SPDIF audio from the matrix and decode it to send to the Genelecs, so I'm investigating options OTHER THAN sticking another AVR in there. All I really need is basically a 2-channel DAC with a volume control that can be controlled via IP (or reliably with discretes via IR) from Control4. Can't seem to find many options out there.

Does anybody know if any such thing exists? Or should I just say "Hang-it" and find an entry level AVR with pre-outs that can do the same job?

Any suggestions appreciated. :)

Robbie.
Problems worthy of attack, prove their worth, by hitting back. -Piet Hein.

Hosting Services by ipHouse