Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 30 made on Friday July 27, 2018 at 12:01
BlackWire Designs
September 2006
On July 27, 2018 at 10:12, lippavisual said...
Well then, if you are changing the control method from using switch commands to using J+P telnet commands directly on the receiver, sounds to me that no matter what, commands need to be changed.

If the module/driver doesn't need to change, then great. But still sounds like the commands will need to be changed and/or how the method of the commands are to be sent.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you haven't really given any details one way or the other.

You can keep using Just Add Power exactly as you do now. Same switches and modules. Nothing has changed. It works the same as it ever as and will continue to.

The new firmware is allowing you to ALSO be able to use any switch you want and use the multicast method. You would not be using the vlan switching module that you have used in the past instead you would use the end point control driver that already exists for the receivers (this is how you send video wall, rs232, cec commands etc) That driver/module is now used to send a command to the receiver to switch to different multicast channels. Again this is 100% optional. You can choose to use VLAN switching or use this new method with any network switch you want.
BlackWire Designs

Hosting Services by ipHouse