The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Tuesday July 24, 2018 at 13:20
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 24, 2018 at 10:25, SB Smarthomes said...
Do you really think that if I contact someone at www.concrete.org they'd instruct me on how to form in a central vac inlet?  I don't think they'd have any experience with this either.

Your statement guarantees that you will never know. If you call, they might not know, but you won't be outright guaranteed not to know!

This is a curious way to make a decision as to how to proceed. "I'm skeptical that they will have someone who can help me, so I'm not going to check."

I'd think they might put you in contact with some old fart who would love to instruct someone who doesn't know as much as he does. In fact, I sometimes call companies and ask for the information I need; if they have no idea what to say, I say,""I tell you what... would you let me talk to the oldest fart on your staff? Maybe he'll have some ideas."

People love to share what they know, and perhaps even love to be challenged to think of something in terms they haven't thought of before. You're proving that just by doing this project!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse