Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Tuesday July 24, 2018 at 10:25
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On July 19, 2018 at 08:25, highfigh said...
Excuse me? You mean complete houses made of concrete, right? Frank Lloyd Wright build many homes this way- hotels, too.

In agreement.  Of course there are houses and other buildings made completely of concrete... still doesn't make it a common construction method in the US.  During your career how many homes & businesses have you been involved with during construction?  How many of them were all concrete?

When Wright built his homes, there were far less considerations than for a home now with all it's mechanical and electrical systems,  not to mention meeting current CA building requirements!

However, central vac, shade pockets and accessories like these are small details to those who do it. Ever think about the amount of concrete in a dam? How about a nuclear reactor and its cooling tanks? Airport runways? Roadways that are over 12" thick and made to handle heavy vehicles?

That's the problem... hardly anyone is doing this, so there are very few people with experience.  Trying to compare concrete dams, nuclear facilities, runways and roads to someones Living Room wall doesn't even make sense...

If you want answers, contact this organization-

https://www.concrete.org/

Do you really think that if I contact someone at www.concrete.org they'd instruct me on how to form in a central vac inlet?  I don't think they'd have any experience with this either.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse