The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Sunday July 22, 2018 at 23:03
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 22, 2018 at 20:45, goldenzrule said...
I get the sting after helping and not getting a simple thanks,

I don't understand this. If someone uses my help and I get no thanks, it's no skin off my nose. I offered my help and my part of the transaction is done. My emotional well-being does not depend on attaboys.

Try this approach: Post because you want to help. Post to help now. Write in a way that offers help to others in the future. You know, enough details to understand just from the post, say, six months from now when the present conversation is forgotten. (That's why there's often repetition in what I write.)

but I simply sit back and don't engage for a while. No need to just stop helping altogether. No need to post anything saying thank me or I'm out.

That last sentence is good. The first sentence is just a liiittttle bit snow-flakey.

As my engineer dad used to say with a grin, illegitimi non carborundum. That's fake latin for "don't let the bastards wear you down."
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse