The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Sunday July 22, 2018 at 20:45
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On July 22, 2018 at 20:28, tomciara said...
My thanks to MDaveJ for all his hard work.

I cannot honestly say that I was aware that I was using his codes, until this thread came up. But I did create a far better URC device than the URC database allowed me to. That is why I am offering my thanks now.

It is pretty easy to run into attitude problems on a forum, and problems escalate quickly. Just as Brad said, I would urge a couple of you to re-read your posts and maybe ramp it down just a bit. If we consider the fact that we’re here to help each other, maybe some of the foolish stuff can be minimized.

The comments are reactionary, not accusatory. Had he simply posted or just stayed out of the thread if he felt slighted, no issues. He remark to Tony Golden was snarky and not warranted. As I've said, I've helped many, many of whom never even returned to post anything whatsoever. Oh well. I get the sting after helping and not getting a simple thanks, but I simply sit back and don't engage for a while. No need to just stop helping altogether. No need to post anything saying thank me or I'm out. I think we all appreciate anyone that takes the time to help, but if you are doing it solely for recognition then you will feel slighted. I don't discount his efforts in posting, but do question why be snarky when a simple question was asked by Tony. I don't think the question asked was anything but a legitimate question asking where the link to the codes mentioned was.

Hosting Services by ipHouse