The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday July 22, 2018 at 00:57
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 21, 2018 at 22:12, mdavej said...
First reply was "here are the latest codes" which linked to the last codes I had posted here myself. I replied that those are NOT the latest codes and mentioned that I had found more. 

The person who said "here are the latest codes" was telling the truth. Those were, as far as he knew, the latest codes that you had posted. When people say what they believe to be true, they are not lying or misrepresenting, even if what they say is not true.

Why should I share my codes that took many hours of effort to obtain

Because that's the kind of person you are: you share things, especially when you know it might help someone else.

when others never reciprocate and in fact make money on them?

I hear an echo of "grow up" right now. Are you saying that your motivation for posting was for people to thank you? Praise you? Be glad you're here in our midst, even if your attitude isn't the nicest?

Rather than a simple thank you when I posted the first batch, the response was, "is that all you've got".

Doesn't sound that offensive to me. It's at most a femtoagression.

I'm not in the CI business, yet have shared thousands of codes to benefit everyone, even professionals. However, in the past year or so I'm thanked mostly with insults and condescension.  Since my code sharing has proven to be entirely a one way street on this board, my motivation is at an all time low. If those asking for the codes had ever shared any themselves or showed even an ounce of gratitude, then I'd be more inclined to share mine.

Several people have said that it is best to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and prove it. The same can be said for being a nice, helpful, cooperative person. Or not.
I'd like to that the last few posters for proving my point.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse