The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Saturday July 21, 2018 at 22:16
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On July 21, 2018 at 14:21, goldenzrule said...
I was kicking myself a while back when I threw out a Foscam IP camera I had because it was not working.  I had a total of 3.  I continued on with the 2 and threw that third one out when we were preparing for a move.  About 6 months later, one of the remaining two stopped working.  I decided to try swapping the power supply between the two and sure enough, the deadness followed the power supply, not the camera.  Of course its still possible that third camera was indeed dead, but I wish I tried swapping the power supply first to see.

This sounds like a parallel case, and I'm wondering why you neglected to test the power supply:
I'll bet that if a speaker in a system quit playing, you'd try another speaker... and if that didn't work, instead of throwing out the first two, you'd test the amplifier.

One of the first things we do when troubleshooting is to divide the universe, that is, split the system in two and see if one or both halves are working. I wonder why you didn't test the power supply!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse