Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday July 17, 2018 at 23:33
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On July 17, 2018 at 15:57, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
You CAN get steel thin wall central Vacuum pipe and fittings.

They should hold up to the concrete pour, but I won't swear to it.

The biggest problem I see it sealing the end at the wall, and being able to open it back up after the pour to put the inlet valve on.

Plus you could well have an issue with the needed low voltage wiring.

How's your welding talents?

I've seen the steel pipe for commercial installs, but will probably try to sort this out with PVC.  Trying to cut and fit steel pipe onsite and getting it to fit around all the forms, rebar and other mechanical gear seems daunting.  I spoke with an industrial vac supply some time ago and they'd never heard of anyone using the steel pipe for underground work like this in concrete.  Sounded like in industrial installs the metal pipe is just surface mounted or suspended on unistrut.

Low voltage will be easy... I'll just run smurf.  The electrical contractor will also need to figure out how to route conduit in for high voltage because these will be powered inlets.

This means each inlet will have the vac pipe, low volt smurf and high volt conduit.  You're correct... getting everything sealed up so concrete doesn't get into the inlet is going to be challenging and I also need to be sure the inlet isn't damaged when the forms are stripped off.

I can weld, but it's not my best skill and not really something I want to tackle for vac install.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse