The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday July 17, 2018 at 17:41
Trunk-Slammer -Supreme
Loyal Member
November 2003
On July 17, 2018 at 17:00, Hasbeen said...
Just thinking out loud here...Could you use larger Plumbing PVC as a protective enclosure around the vac pipe?  Would be a total PITA, but it would be protected.  It would also give you a convenient space to run the wire.

I was going to suggest this as well, since I have done it in the case of a detached garage. Use the larger pipe, 3" in my case, as a sleeve.

Issues that you will run into with this method are:

1. Will need at least 2 1/2" schedule 40, or schedule 80 (which will be very tight), 3" will be a little easier to work with.

2. Making turns WILL be an issue. This is where the larger sleeve can make all the difference.

3. The pipe you use as a sleeve MUST have a really good seal at the joints, or you will get water intrusion and then have serious problems. A large coating of pipe cleaner, and a heavy dose of pipe dope SHOULD work.

4. How you cap the ends at the walls, so you can open it up to install the outlets is something I have no ideas for.

Like I say, been there done that. Dug up 80' of pipe and installed new stuff, and that was not fun.

Hosting Services by ipHouse