Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday July 17, 2018 at 13:54
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
I have a job coming up where all the exterior walls and many of the interior walls are formed and poured concrete.

All the pipe runs from power unit to the inlets will also need to be located down below the slab and stubbed up into the poured concrete footings (no way to run the pipe overheard in the attic).

From there some of the inlets will be in traditional metal framed/drywall walls, but I also have a few inlets that will be in the poured walls.

The concrete will be the finish surface for the interior and exterior walls (won't be furred out and drywalled), so I have to figure out a way to get all the pipe in place and the inlets secured into the inside of the forms and then seal it all up so the inlet & pipes don't get filled with concrete when the walls are poured.

One of my big concerns is using the standard light gauge PVC pipe and it getting broken or crushed down in the gravel under the slab and in the forms.

Does anyone have any central vac in concrete experience or are there any forums or resources for central vac?  I'm guessing this is more common outside the US...

Last edited by SB Smarthomes on July 17, 2018 22:12.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse