Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11,180 made on Saturday July 14, 2018 at 14:28
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
On July 11, 2018 at 23:09, imt said...
Paul,

Awesome work as usual. Have some questions related to the media frame.

What size TV and how far above the Floor is the center of the TV?

It's a 75" Samsung Q9FN... sorry, I don't remember what the final height was.

Does the TV and speaker mounts just get affixed to the media frame back and then the back is screwed to studs or does the TV mount go into studs? Will let me know if you have to have studs centered in the room to have the media frame centered on the wall.

Yes, the back of the Edge Frame is secured to the wall by screwing into the studs.  There are some generous horizontal slots so stud placement usually isn't that critical.  It's also easy enough to drive some additional screws through the back board anywhere you need them.

The sound bar mounts to brackets that are factory installed on the back board...  I've done 3-4 of these now and sometimes the soundbar needs a little adjusting to line up just right.

The TV mount (Leon uses Sanus) is attached to the back board using some blind nuts in vertical slots that allow up & down adjustment.  Once you get the mount positioned properly you tighten down the lock nuts and then drive smaller screws through the mount and into the back board to lock it into place.

With at least one Edge Frame install I also screwed lags through the mount and back into the studs.  The way the TV mount is attached has actually changed over time... I've done 55", 65" & 75" Media Frames so don't know if the changes I've noticed have to do with TV size or if they've just improved the design over time.

The biggest word of caution is the wall has to be flat (this goes for Samsung Frame TVs too).  If there's a bow in the wall, you'll have a gap between the wall and the back of the frame and you'll have to shim out to attach.  The back board of the Edge Frame will actually bend to conform to the wall, but the wood frame will not.  The wood frame has guide pins and mortised sections to guide it into place and support it, but it's held in place with magnets and if the back board has even a slight warp or bend, the frame won't secure properly to the back board.
www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse