The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Sunday July 8, 2018 at 10:11
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On July 7, 2018 at 16:04, Ernie Gilman said...
Right, Rhea. I got hung up on the aphorism aspect of this and forgot that I add "clear" whenever some dolt might think I mean center to center. If I mean that, I say center to center, but I still sometimes worry that it's not heard.

I'm still floored by a 36" shelf being 36" wide if it's particle board but 36" long if it's wood with a grain. I suppose plywood isn't counted as having a grain for these purposes....

If 'on center' or something else isn't mentioned, who's the dolt- the person who omitted it or the one who inferred/assumed it? If you mean something that might be misinterpreted or left to assumption, write or say it- it's part of writing specifications.

Doesn't need to be considered as having 'grain' since using wood that's glued across the grain and cut so its long grain constitutes the depth doesn't work. Even if the piece is square and only the long grain is supported some wood will bend easily and some will break without much of a load.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse