The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday June 30, 2018 at 16:00
Knightwing
Long Time Member
March 2007
New install of all new equipment and wiring including 18gb HDMI cables. I have no problems with the Dish Hopper or the Sony 4k BD Player they display thru the Marantz receiver to the LG display, no issues. The two HikVision NVR’s just aren’t happy. I get the loading splash screen, but they won’t go to the camera feeds. Both units act the same way.

Take note of this oddity: if I install an additional tv on the second HDMI output of the Marantz, turn “everything “ off and back on all goes smoothly and the cameras will display on BOTH display devices?! I’m able to switch back and forth to any of the sources and back to the cameras without issue on either tv. As soon as the “extra” tv is removed... the cameras stop working!

I came across the Ethereal HDM-EDIDB edid blocker for use with camera NVR / DVR’s in “multi display jobs”. Hoping Brent will chime in with confirmation of this being my best hope. If it weren’t for the discription... “security NVR’s work well with one display, but are a headache with multiple displays”, I would say it’s the obvious choice; but the wording gives me pause as I only have the one display.

I’m not the security camera installer! I did everything else, but he is throwing his hands up on what the problem or the fix is. Any help or insight is appreciated, thanks in advance.

LG 86SJ9570
Marantz SR 7012
Sony UBP X1000es
HikVision DS 7216
Test tv Atlona 8”

Last edited by Knightwing on July 3, 2018 19:03.

Hosting Services by ipHouse