The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Tuesday June 26, 2018 at 23:47
seewolf
Lurking Member
June 2018
On June 19, 2018 at 16:16, Ernie Gilman said...
seewolf,
were you able to return the one you installed in your house? Did you try? I found their customer service very helpful except for the fact that they didn't want to tell me any more than the most basic information, meaning I could hardly be creative with it except to start a research project.

On the other hand, when the Heath/Zenith doorbell extensions that I got to work with the Nest Camera/Doorbell combo did not work, Home Depot took them back even though the package was open.

Sorry for the delayed response - I just noticed the question.

I didn't try to return the Ring - I've had it for a while and am beyond any reasonable return period. At this point I'm thinking about trying out a DoorBird system and tying it into a control system - I like the idea of it always being live and accessible.

The Ring was a worthwhile experiment - but just didn't do it for me. It may be that my older phone is slowing down but it's still irritating to have the system in place and not feel like you can really use it. They did add a live access option but it times out so if you keep the video feed up because you are expecting someone, you have to keep refreshing it. Lesson learned, I'm just glad I never installed one for a paying customer.

Hosting Services by ipHouse