Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Saturday June 23, 2018 at 15:27
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
I'm not saying the goofy gap isn't goofy, it is.
But considering you have to be looking from the side to even notice it... That certainly would be one of the 'last' things that influenced my decision on using a TV.

The thing that concerns me more about that (and has been expressed by everyone else too), is the manufacture making the TVs so thin, they have no support for the screen whatsoever. Taco'ing the TV as it has been called.
I was just on a service call yesterday, Samsung QLED 7 with the connect box. Was on an articulating mount. I started to pull it out from the wall above the fireplace, when I had to pull kind of hard and I felt the TV starting to flex. Had to grab it in the middle to pull out and that caused the tilt mechanism to move from where the customer had it. It was all a trap. After diagnosing the connect box was toast (hit by lighting - no surge protection - I didn't do the install), it took some time to slowly finesse the TV back into position without breaking the damn thing. Just stupid.
A long list of stupid things from all the TV manufacture, that we have to put up with these days. Just makes no sense, they are all sadist!

Hosting Services by ipHouse