The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday June 9, 2018 at 10:34
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On June 8, 2018 at 19:23, Trunk-Slammer -Supreme said...
Ernie, I had a similar issue with a brick mason that was building a firepace surround, where the panel was to fit between two brick columns.

It didn't matter to him that the Pioneer PDP was such and such wide, it only mattered that the brick was such and such wide.

He started laying the brick the way HE wanted and not what was needed.

Builder had to get involved and instruct him to set the brick in whatever manner it took to have the panel fit (in not so nice terms).

Turned out fine, but it was a battle time after time.

I worked at a house that was undergoing a major remodel, structural repairs and new cabinets- the works. The builder is the type who makes suggestions in a way that the homeowner almost things it was their idea, so an new deck became part of the project. The builder also doesn't like to work under contract. People are getting hosed. Anyway, the landscaper had installed a new brick wall around the perimeter of where the new deck was going, after the old deck was removed. after this was done, the builder's guys built the deck, complete with a gap that started at about 1/2" and increased as it approached the far end and then, convinced the homeowner, who has a degree in architecture & urban planning, that the landscaper's wall isn't level. I was told about this and when I returned, I sighted down the top edge and saw that it was dead flat. When I put my level on it, it was dead level, to the limits of my level. I reminded her that masons invented the level.

It would have never been noticed if the builder's guy had thought to make it LOOK good. If it was a little off.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse