The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Friday April 27, 2018 at 00:30
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I bought two transformers just in case and I'm using one for each Hello.

I had some questions and spent an eternity chatting via cell phone with some people from semi-tech services.

Puzzling: They don't recommend that I set up the Hello with my cell phone and then transfer control to the client's phone. Of course, they don't find it at all difficult for a customer to buy a new phone and change from one kind of phone to another. This encourages DIY installation and discourages pro installation.

They recommend that I go out and buy a chime for this house that has not chime, wants no chime, and is too large for a chime to be heard in more than a quarter of it... and that's if I spend the client's money putting it in a central location. In the conversation, the first "tech" I spoke with said the chime is only there to complete the circuit. So I said, oh, then I can just twist the wires together. He said yes, then a minute later said they don't recommend it. They basically don't understand the device.

When I got his lead tech on the line, she said pretty much the same thing, saying a chime MUST be used. They don't understand the device but a chime won't blow it up.

I forgot to ask how many people could answer the doorbell. In this particular home, at least five people should be able to answer the door. Is that possible?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse