The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 56 made on Tuesday April 24, 2018 at 13:06
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
This is all really interesting! It sure bears some investigation. I never would have thought so.

On March 13, 2018 at 16:32, Brett Bjorkquist said...
It can typically be done on the remote. We populate all the controls by default, but you can remove device control buttons, or move higher used buttons to the top of the display.

It's really important not to have all the buttons on the remote. Zone 2 volume, for instance, can be a killer. If someone has access to Zone 2 volume and turns it up when they don't mean to, it can mean a receiver shuts off.

As for the buttons, since I noticed that clients slide the remote up to get to those top buttons, I put the more important buttons on the bottom of the display, to make them just that little bit easier to reach. Also, if there are only a few buttons, they go on the right. I'm assuming that right-handers will find this easier. (I'm left-handed so I'm not sure about that detail.)
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse