Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 47 made on Thursday April 19, 2018 at 11:39
diesel
April 2004
On April 19, 2018 at 10:00, goldenzrule said...
I think it just comes down to ego with most.  If the client is willing to pay a higher labor rate to offset some of the revenue lost, and there is a contract that you are not responsible for the equipment or systems issues to do his purchases, I don't see an issue.  I would not want to go this route often but time to time I think it can work out in the end.  But it is infuriating when you design a system and the client goes and sources everything elsewhere.  It just feels like a classless way to go about things.  I understand people want to save money, but the old ways of doing things are gone and its not always an easy pill to swallow.

Completely agree. Retail shops are difficult to keep open now with Amazon and Wal Mart doing their best to put them out business and consumers looking for the best deal and convenience. We bring much higher level equipment to the process, but when someone thinks Bose and Best Buy Yamaha receivers are top of the line they get sticker shock. So when you land a good system and put tons of hours into designing and documenting the design it's hard to let it go.

Hosting Services by ipHouse