Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday April 19, 2018 at 09:38
lippavisual
December 2007
On April 18, 2018 at 23:03, IRkiller said...
1) Standard time for a 6 video zone + 10 audio system?

2) The 260 remotes seem to use zigbee only. Range? reliability?

3) Is tech support competent and efficient?

4) Assuming up to par network on both sides, is offsite control/notification stable?

5) Are party zones made automatically?

6) With RTI, we have to manually build for different platforms -- ios, android, fire tab, etc. Doesn't C4 just add the system build to any device? and without buying licenses?

7) Is Alexa control baked enough to deploy in clients' homes?

8) Is anyone here versed in both RTI and C4 that could provide insight?

9) Tell me something you don't like about C4; gotcha moments.

1) Certainly depends on what is being used. But programming wise, I'd say 4 hours +/- is on par.

2) I personally thought the SR250 was more reliable, there has been small issues with the firmware for 260's. They are extremely reliable when a. they are working properly and b. when there is a strong zigbee mesh. Lighting product certainly relieves a lot of pain to creating the mesh. Otherwise, controllers are required to be either a new mesh or zigbee access point for existing mesh. Very simple to set that up though.

3) Haven't had issues with tech support. Most are competent, with the few bad eggs here and there. I think I've only ever called tech support a handful of times since 06'.

4) network stability is key, using good networking product. I don't use Pakedge either.

5) not automatically, but easy to setup.

6) same interface everywhere. nothing needs to be ported.

7) same as cshepards answer. Good enough for the simple tasks, when Alexa wants to cooperate. I think thats more of an Amazon issue though. What can you expect for $50 devices.

8) I've used both systems. Far easier to build a full blown system with C4. But as you stated, if you need custom stuff/GUI, C4 can't do that. Canned package that works well for what its designed for.

9) My gripe is the whole dealer level thing. I'm mostly all commercial installs, so certainly don't do enough business with them as I'd like to. Working C4 into commercial boardrooms is a tough sell when they don't gear towards commercial products. Their dealer levels are all sales based and not knowledge based. I don't just push boxes, I install solutions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse