The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday April 19, 2018 at 00:36
cshepard
Advanced Member
June 2008
1. Nothing is ever standard lol. If it were just AV, I could probably get the basic configuration for a 6-video zone & 10-audio zone system programmed in 4 hours. This is assuming shared sources for all zones. I will say that we almost never do AV only in a system of that size.

2. SR-260 is Zigbee only; range depends on the environment. 40 feet is usually good; sometimes 60 is good.

3. Every once in a while I know more than the tech support person, but usually they’re pretty good. Wait times are usually reasonable.

4. I’d say so. As you alluded to, a solid network is essential.

5. No. You have to do that in programming, with media scenes, or custom buttons. It’s pretty easy. The user can select a source in one zone and easily join other zones to play the same source though.

6. Yep. It wasn’t like that years ago but that’s the case now.

7. Depends on who you ask. I like Alexa for lighting scenes or to turn on a video zone & select cable or sat for example. Also wake up, goodnight, or goodbye scenes/macros.

8. Only C4 for me. I programmed one RTI system about 3 years ago & hated it. Been with C4 since ‘07 or ‘08.

9. The entry-level processor (EA-1) doesn’t have analog audio out (HDMI only). The mid-priced processor (EA-3) can be powered via POE, but the EA-1 which they would love for you to stick behind TVs cannot. C4 has recently been pushing their Pakedge network gear, and they are starting to be less tolerant of other brands. Not an issue yet; I just hope it doesn’t become one.
Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse