The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 16 made on Sunday April 8, 2018 at 17:07
zorax2
Long Time Member
July 2003
I just got the PIR-1 to work with Windows 10 Professional!!! It took me hours to do so but at least I got it to work.

Here are the steps in case someone else needs to do this:

1. Use Windows 7 native or in a Virtual Computer to upgrade the PIR-1 firmware. CCP updated the firmware on my PIR-1 to v 1.54 and then another update to v 1.56. (You might get lucky and have this work on Windows 10 which will save time).

2. Got to the FTDI website and download the updated drivers 2.12.28.0 from 08/16/2017.

3. Plug the PIR-1 into a USB port.

4. Go to device manager and you will find it adds a USB Serial Port Driver and a USB Serial Converter. Double click on each of these (one at a time), go to the Driver Tab and click update driver. Go to the directory where you downloaded the FTDI driver and update the drivers.

While the PIR-1 now works in CCP via Win 10, it does have a quirk. When you go to macro and select IR learning, you will get an error message "An unsupported operation was attempted". Close that message and the PIR-1 will appear in a ready to learn state.

I'm curious as to whether goldenzrule's PIR-10 will work out of the box with Win 10 or if he'll have to do the driver updates like I did. In any event, THANK YOU goldenzrule for giving me some more information to help me troubleshoot and figure it out.

I wish URC would publish something or directly provide the drivers as part of the CCP update or alternatively better integrate the PIR-1 into their software.

Hosting Services by ipHouse