The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday April 7, 2018 at 21:08
zorax2
Long Time Member
July 2003
On April 7, 2018 at 19:56, goldenzrule said...
Ok.  Good news.  It works.  It did not at first so I think you probably encountered the same issue.  What I found out is that the PIR-1 firmware will update when connected to CCP, and then will update firmware when connected to Accelerator.  I plugged in the PIR-1 first, then opened CCP and tried to learn.  It did not work.  I unplugged the PIR-1 and plugged back in and still did not work.  I then closed CCP and unplugged the PIR-1.  I started CCP and THEN plugged in the PIR-1.  It didn't do anything at this time.  When I went to learn a code, it updated the firmeware and then was able to learn.  I tested the learned code via the PIR-1 and it worked.

I'd suggest doing what I did and start CCP first, then connect the PIR-1 and then try to learn a code to see if your firmware updates.

Thank you very much for testing!!!!

I tried the steps you mentioned several different times on my laptop and desktop PC both running Windows 10 without luck. I tried with the PIR-1 beeper on / off, with / without batteries, different USB cables.

When I try to learn, I get the message "Unsupported Operation was Attempted". If I click on Learn again, I get the message "Learn Status Check Error. Remote has disconnected." Perhaps my PIR-1 is defective. Any other thoughts / suggestions?

Was there a dialog box saying that the firmware was updating? I also tried updating CCP with the PIR-1 plugged in but that didn't do anything as I already run the lastest version of CCP.

Hosting Services by ipHouse