The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Thursday April 5, 2018 at 21:42
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
Oh wow.
Proficent are some of the worst, crappy, bottom-of-the-barrel, nasty, horrible speakers you can get. Flea market speakers = they belong being sold at a flea market (Not sure what a flea market type of venue would be called in the UK).

Go with the Sonance. They are OK speakers for the money and they offer a large assortment to fit many install needs. They should be able to cover everything and more, that you were using from Proficent.

KEF available to you? Being a UK company, I would think those would be easy to get there. I'm loving the value of the KEF lineup right now.

[Suggestion]:
Do you have a set of high-end headphones? If you say BOSE or BEATS I'm going to have to slap you.
I mean something in the $300-$600 range from Sennheiser, AKG, Grado, etc.. (there are a few other really good brands I can't think of right now). If not, get some! And get a nice DAC or high-rez audio device to playback CD quality or high-rez audio files. Pick some songs you like and listen to them over & over again thru the headphones. Get use to how the music is suppose to sound and then use those tracks when evaluating a system you just put in or evaluating speakers you want to sell. I guarantee you, you will never pick a speaker like Proficent again.

Hosting Services by ipHouse