The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 3, 2018 at 14:52
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I don't know why I hadn't seen this until yesterday, but two of my clients have a new crappy graphics setup on their DVRs. A search tells me this started back in November. I can't imagine how I had not seen it until now. My DVR has not changed, nor has a window come up offering for me to change to the new graphics. See [Link: directv.pissedconsumer.com]. Also see "New-Directv-GUI-ATTROCIOUS-DISASTER-Are-you-kidding-me" at [Link: forums.att.com].

The first guy complaining says he's switching to cable over this. I can see that. The second page is a response from someone at ATT saying he's calling it a solved problem because it's being worked on. Apparently this company mouthpiece has never experienced having a doctor try to remove a metal splinter from his eye. If he had, he would KNOW that "being worked on" NEVER deserves being called "solved."

Have you guys had to cope with this? Is there an actual solution? There was a DirecTV installer on site with me yesterday and he was not sure, but he thought forcing a software update was the solution. That might, however, just make things worse. Since he wasn't sure, I wasn't about to experiment.

Is there a way to request a software undate, where you revert to earlier versions?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse