The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Tuesday March 27, 2018 at 21:36
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On March 27, 2018 at 06:52, crosen said...
This is slightly off topic, but you're going to be hamstrung by the length of the existing cables.

I know I'm very much in the minority, but I consider it a best practice to land all structured wiring - except category cable intended for HDMI distribution - on wall mounted patch panels.

We did this when we used slide out racks.

That way, you spare stressing the structured wires (which you cannot readily replace), can make the patch cables running to the rack any length you need, and can swap patch cables as needed when you change the rack layout.

About ten years ago i led an uprising against racks that move. I burned villages and slaughtered...not really...i just whined a lot until we stopped using moving racks.

This was the last time i had to deal with a rolling rack (another replacement system project). Speaker cables came out of the middle of the wall. Everything else came out near the top of the wall. I brought each bundle directly across and attached them to the inside rail of the rack.

This control room closet had another storage closet directly behind it. They could have made it one large room or had another door or removable panel for easy rear access. I have another project thats a total nightmare...it also has another closet directly behind it.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse