The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Monday March 26, 2018 at 10:54
Mr. Brad
Advanced Member
April 2008
On March 25, 2018 at 00:44, Dave in Balto said...
I don't share everyone's sentiment with certain Snap products, I have too many multichannel amps that are less than 5 years on my shelf that kind of work that came from them.

I don't think I've ever replaced any other brand of amp in my life. I know Araknis has many followers, but I've lost too much time and agrivaiton to their products to trust them with my system's performance.

I was in your situation with them several years ago too. We were afraid of any active/electronic device. However, we were also tired of our other network manufacturer that had several bad release of APs and even worse customer service.

We told Snap to not even suggest using their network gear until they were 100% convinced that it was ready for full implementation. If we used it and had problems, we would never come back and try it again.

They came to us about 20 months ago and said it was ready. We slowly started rolling it out in our own homes, and offices, and then to customers. It has worked better than any other full solution we have ever used. The whole OvrC solution has been great. They systems are robust, and don't need a lot of attention. If we need to help someone remotely, the network and WattBox solution has been extremely helpful.

We can identify all of our network devices, Crestron, Sonos etc. Enable notifications if they drop offline. I can restart device with the touch of button, and even log into the Crestron touchpanel web interface through OvrC without having a single port forwarded.

Add the customer facing app and you have a great solution, that can generate RMR and give your customer a better experience. I don't know of any other manufacturer that can do all this on one platform. Everyone else seem to be trying to play catch-up right now.

Basic level support is great. Advanced support, is good, and top level support, if needed, is available, but you have to push a little.

Hosting Services by ipHouse