The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Thursday March 22, 2018 at 01:34
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On March 21, 2018 at 21:18, tomciara said...
Although I agree with you fully that you didn’t sign-up to clean your van, if you were an hourly employee and had a choice between straightening it up and shining it up versus staying home and not getting paid, what would you choose? Some employees would appreciate the chance to stay busy and get paid. They would also understand that the boss was not getting paid at that time, and would realize he was trying to help them out.

I was referring to washing the bosses car, painting the bosses kitchen, mowing the bosses lawn etc. As far as I'm concerned keeping the van Clean and organized is as important as showing up on time. Employees should be thrilled to have down time at the office to do stuff like this. Same with product training...it's a gift from the boss.

And to be clear...I do all sorts of things for and with my boss and I don't have anything to complain about. I flashed back to my first AV job where the boss expected me to be a professional while picking up fish sandwiches for him between deliveries. I know guys who end up having to pick up dog crap at their bosses house because it's slow at the shop. IMO the quickest way to get rid of good employees is to treat them like low skilled day labor.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse