The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Sunday March 11, 2018 at 02:05
Avis Rapp
Lurking Member
February 2018
On March 1, 2018 at 09:03, Derek@SnapAV said...
Thanks for the kind words about OvrC and our Tech Support team!

Most routers are not going to manage or make Sonos work any better/worse.

This is going to fall on the core switch mainly due to STP(Spanning Tree Protocol). SONOSNet and STP clash with each other and create loops in your network. You need a managed switch to help mitigate those loops if they occur.

There are other best practices as well. Things like hard wiring only one Sonos and leaving the rest wireless. Try to keep all Sonos confined to a single switch. At the end of the day having your core switch as a managed switch will save you a lot of time and emotional pain since you can manage STP with it.

But isn't it easier to just ditch the Araknis router and use the ISP router/gateway as advised by tech support if it works? Even while keeping the same Araknis unmanaged switch/s in place. Or switching routers and or AP's? If they have worked and keep working for 1+ years? I'm not trying to knock Araknis gear...I really like it...I've just had issues with it with sonos and dropping the Araknis router has solved the issues another way than keeping it and using managed switches as you suggest.

Hosting Services by ipHouse