The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Friday March 9, 2018 at 11:21
Hasbeen
Loyal Member
November 2007
On March 9, 2018 at 10:10, FunHouse Texas said...
It seems like they were gung-ho out of the gate and then it fizzled? Did the model fail? did their other primary AV business become (remain) a better model?
Sucks to see such energy and resources spent on a project only for it to sit there and rust..perhaps the opinions on here about catering to the DIY market were validated.

No, they're just busy running other businesses.  One of my busiest clients caters to the same market.  While other guys are slow, he's struggling to keep up.  The business model definitely works.  If you can make the numbers work.

It makes sense when you think about it.   What are potential customers more likely to search for?  Nest,Sonos, Ring, Alexa, etc.  or Crestron and Control4? (something they've never heard of).  I'm not making the argument that Crestron/Control4 aren't better "systems".  What I'm saying is that customers don't know how to search for them.  Because they've never heard of them, in fact I think an argument could be made that you could call an existing Control4 customer right now and ask him the name of the control system in his house and he couldn't tell you.  But they know if they have a Nest thermostat or a Sonos Playbar.

The margins are tight there's no question about that, but there's an audience out there. 

Hosting Services by ipHouse